GRADUATE SCHOOL COMMUNICATIONS & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
Posted on April 20th, 2017
The Graduate School is seeking a creative, resourceful, organized and detail-oriented graduate student to assist with communications and social media for the CSU Graduate School. The communications intern will be responsible for supporting internal and external communications including graphic design, social media management, digital/print content development, updating content and storytelling (interviewing and writing). A strong writing skillset and the ability to take initiative, take feedback, and meet deadlines are essential in this position. The intern will gain valuable hands-on, real-world experience in all aspects of digital storytelling.
• Working knowledge of WordPress or other content management system
• Graphic design experience (prefer experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
• Demonstrated social media experience
• Interviewing and writing ability
• 15-20 hours per week
• Commitment of two semesters or more preferred
• Current CSU graduate student
• Update website content and event calendars
• Generate content, manage schedules and provide administrative support for current and new social media channels
•Interview students, alumni, and faculty and write compelling stories that showcase Graduate Student research, scholarship, creativity and entrepreneurship
• Assist with development of alumni newsletter
• Design visual content for social media, the website and occasional print media (experience with video editing highly desired)
• Copy editing
• Search photo collections to find images for stories and/or take original photos
• Be committed to overcoming communications challenges, continued learning, sharing knowledge and providing excellent customer services to internal and external customers
• Assist with special events as needed
• Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
Starting wage is $12-$14 per hour
Please send current resume listing work experience, campus involvement and at least three design or writing samples to Lynna.Dicamillo@colostate.edu.
Design or writing samples may include pieces from a past internship or job, student organization, or class assignment.