Doors Open Denver Onsite Social Media Team
Posted on March 17th, 2017
Description of Volunteer Role
Doors Open Denver seeks a team of volunteers to assist in onsite social media efforts during Doors Open Denver 2017, to take place Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30. Team members will be visiting Doors Open Denver sites and updating Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram with messages, videos, news, photographs and information live from the event. Street team members will be encouraged to use their creativity to publish content through the different social media channels.
In addition to attendance on site during both days of the event, the team members will attend 2 to 3 meetings that will include training for onsite social media use and posting. Meeting dates will be determined based on selected team members’ availability. Team members also may be asked to attend Doors Open Denver pre-events leading up to the event weekend.
This is a great opportunity for students interested in social media, marketing and event experience.
All applicants must meet the following qualifications.
- Superb writing and editing skills.
- A professional attitude and approach to all work and people.
- Knowledge of and experience in social media.
- Outgoing personality and strong interview skills.
- Creativity in delivering messages to audiences through non-traditional channels.
- Pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, public relations, marketing or some related degree.
- Photography and video skills are a plus. We are seeking at least 1-2 volunteers who have experience in these areas.
- Interest in social media, creative industries, events and nonprofits.
About Doors Open Denver
Doors Open Denver, presented by Denver Architectural Foundation, is the premier event showcasing Denver inside out. The annual event will take place April 29 and 30 with its headquarters located at Denver’s Union Station. For more information about the event, please visit www.doorsopendenver.com or engage with the organization on Facebook, Twitter (@denverarchfound) and Instagram (denverarchitecture), using the hashtag #DOD2017.
Please send a cover letter, resume (with clear indication of social media knowledge and abilities) and two writing samples to Cristina Ceballo at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 31.
All resumes, cover letters and writing samples must be received by Friday, March 31 at 5 p.m.