Communication intern – full time paid
Posted on March 17th, 2017
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
If you have a passion for writing and want to hone your skills in a professional, corporate atmosphere, then the communications intern position at PCL’s US Head Office may be for you!
Reporting to the Manager, US Communications, the successful applicant’s responsibilities will include:
- Writing/editing content for various print and electronic communication products.
- Assist in development of marketing materials such as flyers, brochures, newsletters, advertisements, etc.
- Create and publish engaging content for PCL’s various social media platforms.
- Monitor social media analytics to identify and drive social media content strategy.
- Assist in planning special events and community relations activities.
- Produce content for internal and external websites.
- Assist with the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For” submission.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrates capability for skilled editing.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent computer, word processing, desktop publishing, and researching skills.
- Collaborative and team-focused with the ability to develop and sustain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Understanding of social media and how to integrate it into the business process.
- Manages time and priorities efficiently, shows enthusiasm, and allows for flexibility.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student studying journalism, public relations, communications or related field required.
- Interest in construction is preferred.
How to Apply:
- Please apply at www.pcl.com, submit your resume, cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position (500 words or less), and two writing samples.
This position is located in an office setting.
This is a paid, full-time internship.
Candidates need to be willingly to cover living expenses if not located in the Denver area. No housing/travel stipends are available.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Minorities, females, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply.Bottom of Form